Parish and Community Centre

In the early 1990’s a Parish Council was set up in Tullow and divided into small committees to help take care of the elderly, the youth, the liturgy, parish property, finances and the wider issues of environment and justice and peace in the world. A very important Communications Group was set up to keep all parishioners well informed of what was happening and to deliver Christmas and Easter Cards, Calendars and Envelopes to every house in the parish. Grange and Ardattin had their own local committees to meet their own needs.

There were very few suitable meeting rooms for such working groups or indeed for any of the other organisations or committees in the town. It was then decided to purchase the G.A.A. Centre, part of the old Patrician Monastery, and to develop it into a Parish community Centre.

This was done with great taste and expertise and it has proved to be a very wise and worthwhile project.

As well as housing the Parish Office and shop and all the various parish ministries, it is a very popular and comfortable centre for most of the organisations, clubs and activities in the area. The low rates and comfortable accommodation mean that the hall and most of the meeting rooms are occupied to almost full capacity, especially during the winter months. The lovely kitchen facilities are also a great boon to the building.

The centre, which was blessed by the late Bishop Laurence Ryan and officially opened by President Mary McAleese in July 2001, has become a very attractive centre of activity for all the community.

Tullow Parish, Co Carlow | Tel : 059 915 1277 | Fax : 059 915 1624 | Email : tullowparish@eircom.net
Copyright 2009 Tullow Parish All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Parish Websites, Design by acton|web