« Back to previous page

Scoil Phádraig Naofa, Boys Primary

Monastery SchoolTullow

Principal: Ms. Regina Doheny

Tel: 059 91 51625

email: mnstullow.ias@eircom.net

Monastery Boy’s National School – Scoil Phadraic Naofa

This school moved to its present site in 1910. It had previously shared a site with the Secondary Day School in New Chapel Lane. Growing primary school numbers saw third class primary pupils return to this sharing arrangement in the early 1960’s. In 1965 a new school was built adjoining the 1910 building on the Course. Traditionally the school was associated with the promotion of Gaelic culture, games and the Irish language. Brother Leo Slattery was one of the early pioneers in this area. He was responsible for the renovation of the blessed well associated with St. Fortchern in Ballymurphy. The Tullow Gaelic grounds are named after him. Bro. Camillus Regan was the last Patrician to act as Principal.

Tullow Parish, Co Carlow | Tel : 059 915 1277 | Fax : 059 915 1624 | Email : tullowparish@eircom.net
Copyright 2009 Tullow Parish All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Parish Websites, Design by acton|web