« Back to previous page

Apostolic Work Society

The Apostolic Work Society (Ireland) was founded in Belfast in 1923. Its objectives are to share in the missionary apostolate of the Church by prayer and by supplying material and financial aid to those areas where the Church is not firmly established. The Association is composed of:-

a) active members who give practical help by making vestments, altar linens/altar cloths for the missions, as well as knitwear and small garments for the diocesan sale of work;

b) honorary members who recite the specified short prayers and pay an annual subscription of €2 to the Treasurer of the local branch.

In 1950, with the blessing of the Bishop, the first branch in the diocese was set up in Tullow and affiliated to the National Council of Apostolic Workers.

An exhibition of finished work submitted by the various members is held annually.


Tullow Parish, Co Carlow | Tel : 059 915 1277 | Fax : 059 915 1624 | Email : tullowparish@eircom.net
Copyright 2009 Tullow Parish All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Parish Websites, Design by acton|web