« Back to previous page

Grange National School

St. Brigid’s National School, Grange

Principal: Ms. Maria O’Rourke

Tel: 059 91 63881

email: grangens@ymail.com

At some stage the school was transferred from the church to a small site in the church grounds. In 1883 the site for the present school was acquired under lease from the Earl of Bessbrorough who was the local landlord. A condition of the lease was that it would provide for the education of the landlord’s male tenants and “such other children as shall attend therein”. In the 1970’s a campaign was successfully carried out to prevent the school being reduced to one teacher status. Recent housing developments in the Grange area confirms Grange school as a central focus for the local community. The present School Principal is Ms. Maria O’Rourke.

Tullow Parish, Co Carlow | Tel : 059 915 1277 | Fax : 059 915 1624 | Email : tullowparish@eircom.net
Copyright 2009 Tullow Parish All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Parish Websites, Design by acton|web