« Back to previous page

St Columba’s Primary (Church of Irl)

Church of Ireland School, Tullow

Principal:

Tel: 059 91 51873

email: stcolumbasnstullow@eircom.net

It is recorded in the Vestry Minute Book of St. Columba’s Church of Ireland that in 1825 the Rev. Charles Doyne, the curate of the parish, applied to the Lord Lieutenant for a for a grant to build the present school. One hundred and fifty pounds was granted provided a like sum was raised by local subscriptions. Many members of the Doyne family of St. Austin’ Abbey were to continue to act as benefactors to the school., including James Walter Chaloner Doyne (1851-1898), whose photographic portrait adorns the school.

Tullow Parish, Co Carlow | Tel : 059 915 1277 | Fax : 059 915 1624 | Email : tullowparish@eircom.net
Copyright 2009 Tullow Parish All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Parish Websites, Design by acton|web